NetSuite, which was purchased by Oracle a few years ago, offers a wide range of accounting, CRM, and ERP (enterprise resource planning) solutions for dozens of industries—including nonprofits. NetSuite’s cloud-based Social Impact software includes https://www.bookstime.com/ fund accounting, inventory management, and even ecommerce support. One of the many NetSuite ERP features is an accounting module that is designed for nonprofits. This system is scalable, and therefore, suitable for businesses of any size.
- For example, if you receive any money from grants and need to ensure expenditures can be allocated to them appropriately, you’ll want to ensure your software has fund accounting functionality.
- By this time, you should be able to find the right accounting platform for your nonprofit.
- Here is a closer look at how we evaluated the inclusions for this best-of 2023 list.
- Wave’s free invoicing tools offer the ability to send customized and branded invoices and automated payment reminders.
- Your nonprofit accounting software should be able to produce financial reports that meet the reporting requirements set by the IRS.
- You should also be careful that you do not add too many formulas or macros to an excel spreadsheet, as your computer may not be able to handle the amount of data.
Cooperstock Software offers another program called DONATIONS, which is free if you have 100 donors or less per year. The biggest drawback of using QuickBooks for Nonprofits is the price. If your nonprofit’s accounting needs are basic, the discounts available through TechSoup can offset much of the cost. If, however, you need more than what’s available through TechSoup, you could easily spend much more for QuickBooks than for other nonprofit accounting software. You can also consolidate the financials of multiple global entities into one platform, then connect business management software such as Salesforce.
Best for Managing Large, Global Nonprofit Financials
It can automate different business processes, including revenue, order, billing, and inventory management, to name a few. The software can be used by virtually anyone in the organization, from top brass to rank-and-file employees, giving them total visibility into reports and KPIs. It effectively combines financial management and business intelligence, allowing users to drill down into data and come up with sound decisions. Rather than track how much profit is earned like small businesses, nonprofit organizations track how money is spent. QuickBooks makes it easy to allocate revenue and expenditures to specific funds or programs, automatically allocates overhead to programs, fundraising, general, and administrative expenses for you.
- Its Advanced Accounting plan has budgeting by fund, fixed asset tracking, income and expense allocation and project-specific reporting for $189 per month.
- You’ve built integrations, customizations and specialized applications.
- Another cloud-based nonprofit accounting solution with third-party integration features is Accufund.
- Zoho Invoice helps address this by allowing for invoice tracking so that users are constantly updated regarding expenditures.
- Instantly create reports as needed to keep stakeholders in the loop, or to prepare for the annual IRS filing.
- Clients can also print and pay invoices, estimates and proposals through the portal.
And because it harnesses the power of the cloud, you can access your accounting information even from the field. Xero integrates seamlessly with many business apps so that you get to enjoy additional functionalities in a single solution. But the best part is that the vendor offers a considerable bookkeeping for nonprofits discount to nonprofits, perfect for organizations that lack cash flow. To nonprofits, Zoho Expense offers numerous benefits that are sure to make expense management a bearable task. Expenses can be recorded automatically by simply uploading a photo of your receipt, wherever you are.
Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT
Clients that need unlimited donations in multiple currencies will need to add a $9 a month Zoho Checkout plan to their existing Zoho Books plan. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. QuickBooks Online users can invite their accountants to access their QuickBooks information directly. QuickBooks Premier and Enterprise users can send an accountant’s copy or use a shared server to share data with their accountants. She currently serves as a business consultant, operations manager, and content strategist at Doubting Thomas Research Foundations’ Afghan Liberty Project, a small non-profit organization.
For smaller organizations and charities with more basic accounting needs, QuickBooks has other plans that start at lower prices such $25 per month. The default version is only available via desktop, so employees cannot access it remotely. If you want to add cloud-based access, you’ll need to pay an additional fee for hosting for each user that will be using the program.
Which Nonprofit Accounting Software Should I Pick?
If you’re searching for accounting software that’s user-friendly, full of smart features, and scales with your business, Quickbooks is a great option. Nonprofit accounting is vastly different from for-profit accounting. Nonprofits are backed by donations and grants, so they have strict financial accounting standards they have to meet.
Manufacturing companies collect data from an immense number of sources. The collection and compilation of competitive data, and the conversion of it into a useful format, is often a labor-intensive process. It’s also prone to errors and insufficient information, negatively impacting an organization’s customer journey analysis, real-time analytics, decision-making, and resource use. I hired Nonprofit Bookkeeping to help me focus and organize my books and finances. I am ever appreciative of their quick response time, clean reporting, financial advice, and personal flair for making something as tedious as bookkeeping enjoyable.